Training at home can be a help, and also a hindrance. I like to train a lot of foundations and basics at home before I ever even go to a park, but the space is often small and can be challenging. So, I thought to make a video lesson for you to show you how and how. much I can train in my own backyard.
In this video I take Duane our young Labrador retriever into the backyard and show you some tips for training.
- Train all basics at home / in your backyard before you go to the park.
- Your backyard should have little to no distractions, so don’t get too used to it.
- Focus on basics and engagement.
- Be picky about your techniques as well s your dog’s techniques.
- Make training fun for your dog so he or she will want to keep training
- Don’t OVERTRAIN! Keep it short and exciting!